Saturday, July 19, 2008

Building faith

I find that the days when I neglect or put my prayers on the side I get lazy. Sometimes life gets so busy that faith is left on the side. "No time for praying" How is it possible to say that there are no time for praying? How can I not find the time to pray?

When life gets busy and my time for prayer seems to become less and less,a s happens every now and then, I always feel I need time to build up my faith again. Not that I have lost it, it is always there, but it has been neglected and can easily be "forgotten". And that is the time when we are vulnerable and can easily become sad and let unimportant things become important or become a hindrance in our life.

For me, building faith is not only about reading The Bible, it's about praying and talking the time to listen. Many times we only read but we aren't listening to what His Words are telling us. Reflecting over life and searching for answers in the Bible is something that works very well for me when I feel my life is becoming a bit sad.

We are never totally full of faith, I believe we always need to build our faith and be open minded and listen to His Words. By building our faith daily we also make sure that when rough times hits us we are prepared.


The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strenght, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the LORD, who is trustworthy to be praised, so shall I be saved from my enemies. PSALM 18:2,3

No comments: